A couple weekends ago I went down to Knoxville for my cousin’s wedding shower. It was titled “Secrets to a Successful Marriage” and the host had each of us write down our secret and tape it to our gift. One of the guests was my cousin’s family friend and 3rd grade teacher. She asked her current class of 3rd graders what they thought was the secret to a successful marriage and the things they said were so profound. I wanted to share it with you guys. (It was a good reminder for me as I’m spending all my time preparing for our workshops this summer. I do not want to underestimate kids for even a second.)
THE SECRETS TO A SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE:
(taken from the advice of 3rd graders, Mrs. Read’s class)
1. You need to kiss every once in a while.
2. Try to agree on things.
3. Try to have triplets. One child is too few.
4. Take turns doing the chores.
5. To show you love each other, take the smallest cookie.
6. Mostly say yes!
7. Be together when you can.
8. Share a pet.
9. Wear something beautiful.
10. Have a fun marriage and love each other no matter what.
Isn’t that so amazing?!